Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baby room

So now that we know we are having a girl, I've started planning what to do for her room. Candace and I came up with the great idea of doing a Monkey Garden themed room. I'm obsessed with monkeys and Candace really wanted to do a flower room, so we just joined the ideas. A few things are going into this room. First, there's a beautiful painting my grandma painted for us a few months ago that we absolutely love and really want to use in the room. Here's what it looks like.




Also, we have a quilt that was given us as a wedding present that Candace thought might go along really well with the painting. Here it is.




So now that we had a super bright color palate to start with, we just needed to decide how to put it all together. We started looking around online for ideas and found a super nice wall sticker of a tree and a monkey hanging off of it. So I decided I would base my illustration on the one I saw online and redraw it myself, adding my own ideas and colors to it. So this is my design of it so far. The colors might still change a little bit, as we try to match it closer to my grandma's painting. I added a crib and a painting similar to my grandma's to this mock up to get a better idea of the whole picture. I think this will look nice. I love the little girl monkey I illustrated here. It's very similar to the original one I saw online, but I added a few things to make her a little more girly.





More coming soon as we get more done. We just bought the crib tonight (which is a little different from this one in the picture). It's time to really get to work and start working on this room. How exciting!

8 comments:

  1. I love it!!
    I was wondering when you guys were going to mention baby on here. I didn't want to say anything (like "HELLO what are you having!!") just in case it was still a secret. :)

    Isn't decorating and planning so much fun?! That is why we have so many kids. ha ha! (kidding!)
    This room is going to look awesome! I love the idea and can't wait to see it when it is all done.
    I am already starting to sew clothes for this little girl. I WILL be her favorite aunt. I may have to lie and tell her Jess and Alicia are not very cool or fun. It will be hard to convince her, but I can sure try. ;)
    I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that monkey is so cute! You are very talented, Fer. I LOVE the monkey garden idea. Your baby girl is going to have such an awesome room. I am soooooo excited for you guys! She is going to be such a beautiful little girl. I absolutely can't wait for her to be born!! I even told Rylee tonight that Candace was having a baby girl, and Rylee got really excited and told me we need to visit you once the baby is born. :)

    Andrea...sorry, but no way. I WILL be her favorite aunt! I don't care if I have to bribe, lie, AND CHEAT to win. I will convince her that every cute dress YOU sew for her was actually made by ME! (I haven't figured out yet how I'm going to do that, since I live so far away. But I'll find a way!) I will promise her a car for her 16th birthday! (Which I won't actually give her, but by then I will have solidified my status as favorite aunt. And have I mentioned the 'lying' part yet?) It's going to be hard, because you and Jess are VERY tough competition. But somehow, I'll do it. I'm pretty sure I'm sneakier than both of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah?!!
    Well I will promise her a car and I WILL give her one. (I will just leave out the part about it being a hotwheel car......but at least I will be telling the truth......sort of)
    Tell you what, I will split the "favorite Aunt" title with you 50/50. I think if we team up, we will have a better chance at beating Jess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! We probably HAVE TO team up, if we even want a shot at beating Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think at this point Fernando and Candace are starting to be thankful we both don't live close to them. The baby isn't even born yet and we are fighting over her. :)
    But if FerCando start interviewing for the "favorite Aunt" title, I have some great things on my resume that just might land me the title. (such as SEVEN years experience with babies, good at wearing barf, blow out expert, and married to a professional dog handler)
    :)
    Do I qualify?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que fofo! A princesinha Sofia ( se esse for o nome... e esse e o meu voto) vai ficar muito linda nesse quartinho!!! Eu quero um bebe!!! Essa fase e muito gostosa! Aproveite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are doing baby updates!! Keep em coming! I am so excited for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time for a preggers picture of Candace. C'mon! I'm dying here!

    ReplyDelete