Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bavaria - Day 1

This account was actually a collaboration between the pretty lady I took with me to Germany and myself. This was mostly written on the notepad of my iPod in between train rides. I have included a basic map of the spots we walked around on the first day, as well as pictures and videos. In the map, the green route was done on foot and the red route was reached by subway. Once we arrived at our "subway" destinations, we still walked around there... a lot.


View Munich in a larger map

29 April:
SLC-ATL-MUC. 17 hours traveling. Arrive in Munich. Raining. Drag suit cases seemingly across town to hotel.
They let us check in early. But no sleep for us. Walk around in rain all freakin day. €3 sandwich for lunch. 
Took tons of pictures. 
Lots of churches. 
Allianz Arena.  
Olympiapark.  
BMW Welt. 

Don't really remember anything else. Too tired. 
Went back to hotel to sleep. Went back out at sunset. 

Ate at Italian restaurant recommended by hotel: La Vecchia Masseria. 
Best pizza ever. Gnocci good, but not as amazing. Bottled water perfect. €20 dinner.

No rain but very COLD. Wore every piece of clothing I had with me.

2 comments:

  1. Its a good thing we had the cameras and our little notes because its only been a few days and I've already forgotten so much! We were definitely sleepwalking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to "sleep walk" there though!!!
    Very cool you guys got to do this!!
    Some day Peter and I will travel the world together...........after child #12 is out of the house. ha ha! (by that time, we will get some GREAT senior citizen discounts. ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete