Monday, March 1, 2010

The woes of thirtyhood


Turning 30 has been one of the strangest events of my life. Although having a party and getting presents was fun and all, things just haven't been the same since the fateful three decade anniversary of my arrival on planet earth. Here are some of the things that have happened since January 27th, 2010:
- I've gained 2 lbs;
- I noticed I'm actually balder than I previously thought;
- I've had bronchitis for 4 weeks;
- I couldn't handle cross-country skiing for more than 1 hour;
- I am ready to go to bed at 7:30 pm;

If I'm breaking this badly at age 30, what's going to happen when I'm actually old? Oh boy.


7 comments:

  1. Don't worry... old isn't until you hit 64 according to the Beatles. And yes, I'll still need you and feed you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. CArmaba!! Estou chegando perto dos 30!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! 21 more days and I am right up there with ya. Maybe I should turn back while I still can. ;)

    Hey, at least you are aging like a normal person does. You could always try to fight the aging process and end up looking like Pelosi.......
    yeah, I think I will take the aging process over that any day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, brother! I've been 30 for 9 months, and all you said is true. Soon I'll be wearing sweaters and piling on the blankets in 80-degree weather. And I just know that any day now, my teeth will start falling out. *Sigh* I wish I was 29 again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to over the hill, y'all.... I'll be 35 this year! That means I'm heading down the same hill you all are just now climbing up. /sigh/ Cry for me...

    ReplyDelete