Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New toy


So I got a new toy for our trip in 2 weeks. It's a Creative Vado HD. It's a very compact HD camcorder comparable to the Flip Mino HD. So far, I've only done some basic testing and I'm trying to figure out if I like the quality enough. I got a great deal on it. It's usally $230 on Amazon.com, but they were having a $100 off deal for a day, so I bought it for $130. Can't beat that. Here's a short video I took with it. To view this video in HD, click on the video and it will open a new window with full YouTube on it. Click on the HD video so you can see it in higher definition. For traveling, I think it will be ideal. I don't have to be hauling a little bag around with tape, extra battery, etc. It records 2 hours in HD and I can transfer the file directly to my laptop when I get back to the hotel at night, empty the camera and be ready for the next day. My buddy from work, Dustin, has one and recommended it to me. He loves his Vado. I'm excited to try mine out.

1 comment:

  1. wow!! So this is the kind of toy one can buy when they don't have a million kids like we do. :)
    I am jealous!! Its awesome!!!
    And I must say, the stone wall under the front window looks AMAZING. ha ha! ;)
    So now that you have this great new toy, you will have to send me LOTS of pictures of the "trip" since I can't come. (booo!!) I will send a camera with Peter, but I KNOW he will not take as many as I would. So I am counting on you guys!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete