Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ensign Peak hike





When you're in Salt Lake and you're looking for a quick hike, try Ensign Peak. It's a little steep, but worthwhile. The reward for this mile long hike (round trip) is a breathtaking view of the valley. Hopefully the infamous Salt Lake smog won't spoil things when you get up there. You'll see here a detailed map of the hike I captured with the GPS on my phone and this is the exact trail. Here's some data so you're prepared:
- Starting elevation: 5039 feet
- Ending elevation: 5364 feet
- Distance: .48 miles (each way)
- Hike down time: 11 minutes (about 25 going up)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    Now if I could just get Peter to like hiking as much as I do..........One of those things we SHOULD have talked about before we got married. ha ha! jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come home and visit. Thanks for the beautiful pictures. That GPS thing you did is way cool. you are so smart!

    ReplyDelete